Renshaw Estates – Your Leading, Local Estate Agents
Renshaw Estates Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Renshaw Estates Ltd.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Personal data: Any information relating to a living individual who can be identified (directly or indirectly) in particular by reference to an identifier (e.g. name, NI number, employee number, email address, physical features). It can be factual (e.g. contact details or date of birth), an opinion about an individual’s actions or behaviour, or information that may otherwise impact that individual in a personal, or business capacity.
Data protection law divides personal data into two categories: ordinary personal data and special category data. Any personal data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health conditions, sexual life or sexual orientation, or biometric or genetic data that is used to identify an individual is known as special category data. (The rest is ordinary personal data).
Methods of collection
Personal information we process about you may be directly provided to us by yourself in the course of you:
· Using or applying for a Renshaw Estates product or service
· Making a complaint or enquiry to ourselves
· Subscribing or unsubscribing to marketing material
· Participating in a promotion, offer or programme
· Entering or attempting to enter a business or employment relationship with ourselves
· Call recordings or participation in shared online web conferencing facilities
Information may also be provided to us indirectly by, including but not limited, to:
· Next of kin / delegated authorities
· Business associates
· ‘Trusted Sources’:
o Government / Land / Police registers
o Credit / Default Agencies
o Financial Institutes (Banks, Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card companies)
o Insurance Companies
o Other Law firms
o Health providers
o Third party service affiliates or suppliers who have sought your consent
This information may be provided via the use of:
· Forms and documentation
· Online submission portals
· Email, postal or telephone correspondence
We will always attempt to provide you with our Privacy Notice regarding information received from other sources than yourself if it is not deemed to be disproportionate or prejudicial.
We, our service providers and partners collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies, when you interact with our advertisements, mobile applications, or visit our websites, pages or other digital assets.
The information we collect in this manner may include:
· IP address
· Browser type
· Operating system
· Referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
Purposes of Processing
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
• Assessing applications for and providing Renshaw Estates products and services
• Conducting business and developing relationships with Renshaw Estates and affiliates
• Processing payments and transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation, Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
• Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims and other liabilities
• Creating and managing any accounts or associated authentication criteria (such as ID logons and passwords) you may have with Renshaw Estates
• Communicating and marketing Renshaw Estates products, services, offers, programs and promotions
• Compiling business directories, including business contact information
• Operating, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, mobile applications and other digital assets as well as developing new products and services
• Processing job applications
• Complying with industry standards and Renshaw Estates policies
• Processing complaints, enquiries and data subject rights requests
• For training, communication and awareness
• Confirming appointments and meetings
• Publishing of customer feedback and reviews
Lawful basis of processing
The legal basis we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.Dependent upon the purpose for processing, as outlined above, and the business area processingyour data Renshaw Estates relies upon the following lawful basis of processing:
· Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR Consent: Where your permission and consent has been provided toallow processing to be undertaken
· Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR Performance of a contract: where you have or will enter into acontract with Renshaw Estates and we need to process your information as part of this contract
· Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR Compliance with a legal obligation: Where Renshaw Estates are bound byfurther laws and regulations to process your information, affecting areas such as:– Data Protection– Crime and anti-money laundering– Financial Services– Property and estate management– Employment– Welfare and health and safety
· Article 6 (1) (e) GDPR Public interest: Information concerning relocations is processed inaccordance with public interest
· Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR Legitimate interests: These include:– Fraud prevention and detection– Risk assessment– Due diligence– Network and Information Security– Suppression lists and managing communication opt-out requests– Training, communication and awareness– Profiling– Direct marketing– Monitoring and web analytics– Cloud storage– Acquisitions– Management Information– Compliance self-assessments– Utility switches
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Welcome to the friendly and professional face of Independent Estate Agency in Ilkeston and surrounding areas.
We also have access to an amazing extended team of Mortgage & Financial Advisers at Renshaw Wealth, Solicitors, Surveyors, Great Local Trades plus more…
11 Bath StreetIlkestonDerbyshireDE7 8AH
Mon-Fri – 9.00am -5.30pm
Saturday – 9.00am – 3.00pm
Renshaw Estates Ltd, MD: Rick Barson, Company Reg No: 12793241 in EnglandRegistered Address: 11 Bath Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8AH
Designed and Managed by PinkSquare Media